Minutes of monthly Council meeting held on Monday 20th September 2021 at The Old Pharmacy, Scurlage.
1. Apologies for absence was received from Barry Stubbings.
Those in attendance were RF,SF,GE,MDC,DL,GJ.
2. There were no declarations of interest.
3. Approval of the Minutes of the last meeting was deferred owing to the wrong minutes being circulated to all councillors by the Clerk to the Council.
4. It was noted that the order for the second bench needed to be clarified and the bench installation cost to G R Lloyd appears to be still outstanding. GE stated that a review of money allocated for certain works needs to be done to establish the correct money held by the council. The Scurlage sign is still being refurbished and needs to be chased. BS to action.
5. Planning in relation to the Ship Inn and the use of the rear garden etc is still being considered. The point of conjecture relates to Section 106 invoked when the houses at the rear of the Ship Inn were constructed and the pub wishing to alter the restrictions imposed at that time. Objections have been lodged by the present owner of the house facing the pub garden and a decision is still pending. All other planning applications have been approved.
6. GE mentioned that the stile from The Borlands to the road leading to the church is unsafe and requires attention. He asked if any attention had been given to this.
7. GE also mentioned that recently a tour bus had been caught at the pinch point towards the village car park and maybe this is due to using the sat nav for directions. No discussion took place at this time.
Further mention was made of the boundary of the Public Car Park in Port Eynon and the lights emanating from Skysea Caravan and camping site which continue to cause annoyance.
8. In view of the lack of the correct minutes to discuss, MDC proposed that we adjourn the meeting and ask the Clerk to the Community Council to arrange a suitable meeting when all outstanding matters and any new items needing discussion can be put on the agenda. This was seconded by DL and carried.
Synopsis of Minutes of monthly Council meeting held on Monday 26th July 2021 at The Old Pharmacy, Scurlage
Present: R. Fisher (chair), G. Evans (Dep chair), M. Cox, D. Lewis, S. Fisher.
In attendance: B. Stubbings (Clerk)
Declarations of Interest : . Cox re planning application 2021/1500
Minutes: Proposed as amended by M. Cox; seconded by S. Fisher.
Matters Arising: (1) Floodlights at Boarlands – Clerk to file a further complaint. (2) Lane to Youth Hostel – Clerk to make FoI request re sale of land. (3) Trees at village Hall – D. Lewis to obtain a ‘local’ quotation.
Planning: 2021/1500 Youth Hostel bin Storage – Unanimously found acceptable. 2021/1750 – Unanimously found acceptable.
Highways, etc.: (1) Noted recent problems with blockages at the promenade Port Eynon and at the public toilets. City Council in attendance. (2) Recent Triathlon caused severe disruption to bus services and disturbance of residents (loud music in early hours of morning). Caution for future functions. Functions such as this should be limited to overspill car park to avoid above issues – refer to City Council Events Manager. (3) Village signs for Scurlage are missing and should be replaced at both Scurlage Castle and the Sports Club. Check to be made on legal extent of the restricted speed area – refer to City Highways
Footpaths: GE advised path and stile at 10 Boarlands is impassable due to encroachment of brambles and stile is rotten – refer to S. Parry at City Council.
Parking: Frequent parking in frontage of Culver House, Port Eynon is obstructing access by residents. Suggested to put a sign at the road junction directing visitors to use the Council car park. – refer to Highways.
Traffic Speed in Scurlage: Lack of action – refer to City Highways.
Finance: Invoice for gardening services by Rhodri Lloyd was agreed for payment. Quote required for bench at bus stop – Clerk to approach Rhodri.